Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Card That Started a Blog

Hi everyone. I had a lot of interest today after I posted this card on Splitcoast and Stampin’ Connection.  A lot of crafters wanted to know how to make the knot. I was planning on making up a tutorial for a class I was teaching this weekend, and it seemed like it would be nice if I had a blog to post it to. Time to get off the fence and just do it! So here it is, my very first blog post.
 I fell in love with the Open Sea stamp set as soon as I saw it and knew right away that I wanted to use it to CASE this lovely card by darleenstamps. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1868780

I changed the stamps and added a fisherman’s knot, but kept the color scheme and layout. For the knot I used white baker’s twine dyed with soft suede reinker.
Stamps: The Open Sea, Sincere Salutations 
Paper: Soft Suede, Basic Black, Very Vanilla 
Ink: Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede 
Accessories: Black Brads, Baker’s twine, soft suede reinker, distressing tool, sponge, blender pen, dimensionals 
Techniques: Cutting out-of-the-box, sponging, distressing, dyeing ribbon, watercoloring with blender pen, fisherman’s knot 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and fabulous knot! Love the setting you put your card in too! Great photography! What an amazing first post! I love every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning card! Thanks for the tutorial on the knot, too. So happy I hopped on over to your blog from SC. I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous, and the tutorial on tying the knot is absolutely perfect! I could follow it with ease and will be using that technique in a workshop today.

    ReplyDelete